Monday, August 11, 2008

EY-Chapter Seven





I hope you enjoy this story:









Chapter Seven:







Goren sat in Eames's car waiting for her. She had stopped at the gas station for a fill-up. His cell phone rang, making him nearly jumped out of his skin. He recognized the number; it was Benji's.




"Benji? Where are you?" He answered.




A manly laughter was his response. "Now, telling you where she is would be too easy." More laughter.




Bobby set his phone on record. "Please, don't hurt her." He begged.




"Oh so the great Robert Goren is begging for his ho's life." Teased the killer. "She said I was a much better lover than you were." He said boasting with pride.




"You've touched her!" Bobby's anger escalating.




Eames opened the car door and climbed in. "No, I didn't! (pause) Touch wh-" She put her hand over her when she reailzed Bobby was on the phone.




"She touched me too! And she loved it!" Answered the voice on the other end.




"You're a sick pathetic excuse of a man!" Bobby was so angry, his face was turning red. "Why don't you come face to face with me like areal man?" Goren tried to coerce the man into a duel.




"You would like that, wouldn't you, Bobby?"




"Since you know my name, how about returning the favor?" Bobby asked a little softer.




"You really don't remember me!" The man said his voice hinting a tone of anger. "How convenient?" There was silence and then he said, "I guess Gloris meant nothing to you!" The man took the phone and threw it against the wall.




Bobby heard the phone hitted the wall, then silence. His eyes got big. "I know who he is."




"Tell me!" Eames was anxious to know.




"His name is Randy Buffington. I was in the army with him." Bobby confessed to Alex. "He was going to marry this socialite, Gloria Seneca once we came back state-side. I was drunk, young, and an idiot. I took her out instead of him to celebrate her last night of being a free woman. I ended up seducing her."




He looked at Eames who only stared at Bobby in shock. This was not the Bobby she knew. He obviously had changed alot. "That was a long time ago."




"Yea, but she called off the wedding the next day and told Randy she was in love with me. Needless to say our friendship was ruin."




"What about Gloria?" She asked.




"She went through a period of depression. I wasn't in love with her. I have always regretted sleeping with her. I was drunk; I didn't do it to hurt her or Randy. It just happened. She eventually killed herself." Goren hung his head in shame. "And now, sweet innocent women are paying for something I did a long time ago."




"You are a better man today, Bobby. We will find Benji." Eames started her car and headed out of the station.




Bobby listened tot he phone conversation again. Something in the back ground caught his attention. He replayed it. It was the sound of seagulls and the distance sound of a boat horn blaring. "He's at the pier!"




"Where at the pier?" Alex said not feeling Bobby's enthusiasm.




"There are some abandon warehouses there." Stated Bobby.




"Okay, not I remember." She swung her car around and headed towards the pier. "This time we get back-up." And Bobby agreed.



1 comment:

val said...

Well, Alex did say he was a dog when he mentioned vouching for the Chief of D's assistant.