Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another Day


Hello fellow Vincent lovers:


The rain has stopped today and although I had to work, (YUK!) I am finally home. I am a supervisor of a manufactoring plant of about 12 on my shift. I work 12 hour shifts from 9am to 9pm. I am 46 years old and have 5 kids(4 girls & 1 boy). My oldest is 27 and my youngest is 15. I also have a very spoil cat, named Mikah. I adore Vincent D'Onofrio (of course), but I am only a recent fan. I was a law & order: svu fan and there were times I would change the channel everytime CI came on. I just wouldn't watch it, until one day, I was channel surfing and suddenly I came upon a CI show and even though I can't remember which show it was, I do remember Vincent awesome performance and I have been hooked on him ever since. To think, I wouldn't even watch it before. Please forgive me everyone. haha


Well that was a little about myself:


Now I have a question about one of Vincent's performances. Hopefully someone can answer it. The movie: The velocity of gary. Question: Is that Vincent's real hair or a wig?

9 comments:

mary said...

I say real hair but who knows. He seems to like to get into his parts, like gaining or loosing weight so why not grow out his hair? maybe some of it is extensions?

val said...

I think it must be extensions. Even Vincent couldn't grow hair that fast! He rarely seems to wear actual wigs unless it's really necessary, like for Steal This Movie.

aprilspring said...

Oh my. I never thought of extensions. Now that makes sense. haha.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the film you mentioned with the hair, just so happy to find another fan of Vincent's. The man is just incredible!
CI turned me into an immediate fan quite a while ago. I've kind of lost track of it because I have seen every old episode 2 or 3 times and have trouble keeping up with new ones. If I do catch one, it's an episode with Chris. He's fine but I only watch the show for Vincent. After I found him on CI, I realized he was the same captivating guy in THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, which I loved.
I think part of the attraction for me is loving the character of Bobby Goren. I can't find any info on what Vincent is REALLY like, other than he has a wife, daughter, and baby-on-the-way or brand new, depending on what I read. I'm very curious as to whether he is anything like that wonderful detective he portrays.

Xeresa said...

I know that he wore a wig when he played Abbie Hoffman in the movie. In fact, he joked about almost losing the wig when they were using a hose on his character.
I think it was a wig as well, but it looked really good on him.
Vincent is the only actor I know who can wear long hair and eyeshadow and still exude sexual magnetism.

SEP said...

I read somewhere that he dyed his hair blond for "Adventures in Babysitting," which seems a bit extreme since he keeps his hat on the whole time.
I became a D'Onofrio fan the same way you did. I recall tuning in during the middle of the first episode with Wally Stevens and thinking that Goren was just too weird. Then one day it just hit me: This guy is great!

Anonymous said...

I became a fan that way, too. My husband and would watch SVU reruns on USA, and CI came on after. We tried watching, and Goren would get on my nerves. Then, one day, it was like, "He's amusing". Next thing I know, I have a huge collection of his movies (though still not "Guy", and all 3 DVDs of CI seasons out.

aprilspring said...

Wow!! I thought I was the only one that didn't like CI in the beginning. I love it now, but I only think it's because of Vincent I do now. Thanks everyone for responding..

ann said...

oh a wig for sure...