Thursday, June 5, 2008

chapter seven-proven innocent

Proven Innocent
Chapter seven continued:
Interrogation room
Goren walked into the interrogation room and stood there watching Jake Talbort. jake was leaning in his chair with his feet propped up and a hat covered his eyes. Goren walked behind him and roughly kicked one leg of the chair. Jake grabbed the table in an effort to stop himself from falling. Goren sat across from him and smiled. Eames watched from th e side-lines.
"What the hell is your malfunction?" Jake said angerily. Jake's lawyer sat next to him.
"My malfunction is you," stated Bobby. He laid pictures on the table in fron of the suspect. "Anything catch your eye?" The pictures were of Officer Wittman, Sylvia Pearson and a copy of the note.
"Why would these pics mean anything to me?" Jake asked irritated. Bobby only smiled and it was beginning to tick Jake off. "I think you should wipe that smile off your face, or I'll," Jake's lawyer touched his arm in an attempt to stop him.
"Or you'll what?" asked Bobby.
Jake jerked his lawyer's hand off of his arm, "Or I'll wipe it off for you!" Jake leaned closer to Bobby's face, but it didn't stop the detective from smiling.
Bobby leaned back slightly, before answering the suspect. "You're in my world now and your lawyer needs tos et you straight. But since, he seems to fear you, I will give you the rules. In here, you answer my questions and should you decide the thing to do is to wipe this smile off of my face, I guarantee your world will come crashing down rather quickly." The smile never left Bobby's face.
The lawyer leaned over to Jake and whispered in his ear. Jake looked at Goren and nodded. "Okay, we'll play with your rules."
Bobby knew that this was not going to be an easy interrogation. "Question one, where were you on February 29th between the hours of 12am to 5am?"
"I waas with my girlfriend, Brandi. She was at work, Jack's Party Grill." He answered watching Goren intensely.
"And you never left the bar?"
"No, of course not. Just ask Brandi. I know you have her here some where." Jake leaned back, with a smug look on his face. He was convinced Brandi would not say anything against him.
"I already did." Goren's smile got even bigger and Jake did not like it one bit. "Let's see," he flipped through his leather notebook, "her words, exactly, were - Jake followed the cop as he was taking this girl I drugged home."
The lawyer whispered something in jake's ear again, "I think you're lying!" He said to Goren, slightly standing to intimidate Bobby.
Bobby just sat there, knowing that if things got out of hand, back-up would be in there in no time. He folded his hands and waited for jake to sit down. "My world, Jake." He reminded Talbort, "and you see, you can't intimidate me like you can your girlfriend."
Jake sat down and leaned back against his chair, "What is that supoose to mean?"
"You seem to have a problem playing by my rules." Bobby stood up and leaned against the wall.
Eames sat there watching Bobby in awe. She was surprise with Bobby's tactic, but she was impressed. Bobby never waned in his approach while dealing with this suspect.
"Since you won't tell me what happened, let me tell you my version of what happened." Bobby slammed his notebook on the table and began speaking. "I believed Brandi, when she says you followed Officer Witman, but she was unsure of what happened once you got there. I know you stabbed the cop, you told her that." Jake narrowed his eyes, as Bobby taked, "but Ariana had bruises on her body, bruises you created, just like the ones you put on Brandi," Bobby stood between Jake and his lawyer with his cocked to one side, as he looked at Jake.
Eames thought it looked so familiar and she smiled to her self, as she watched Bobby in action. Bobby was amazing, the way he could interrogate a suspect and tonight, he was on a roll.
"You can't prove anything," Jake started to say.
"I think you should not say anything more." He lawyer tried to stop him again.
"shut up!" Jake yelled at him. "You think this small time detective can control me! He doesn't have nay evidence to back that claim!" Jake started to get off of his chair.
The lawyer glared at his client. "You're on your own!" The lawyer sat back and decided to allow Jake to hang himself.
Goren grabbed Jake's shoulder and sat him back down in his chair, making the suspect even madder. They struggled for a few moments before two uniform officers stepped into the room and forced Jake to have a seat.
"You seem to forget, I have a witness." Goren said to Jake, his smile never ceasing.
"Waht witness?" yelled Jake. "There is no way that girl remembers what happened!" Jake thought he was talking about Ariana.
"She deosn't remember? You beat the crap out of her!" Goren knew who he was talking about, "I surely would remember someone beating on me!"
"She was on Rohypnol." Jake said sounding very sure of himself.
Goren slowly strolled to the other side of the table to sit across from Jake again. His grin was wider than ever. He patiently watched Jake, before proceedin with the interrogation. "You seem to know a lot about this case for someone who wasn't involved."
"You said she was drugged." Jake realized that he might have stuck his own foot into his mouth.
"yea, but I didn't say which drug she was on, and that is all the evidence I need to lock you up." Goren gathered all his photos together. "The witness I was talking about was your girlfriend. She gave you up. She was so sick and tire of your abuse, that she told us everything!" He gave Jake long hard look. "And she will testify against you!"
"I want a deal!" Jake knew he was in deep waters.
"You want a deal?" Well, let's see." Goren looked at Eames. "What do you think, Eames? Do you think he deserves a deal?"
Alex was still fuming over the thought the Jake only got two years on that rape/burglary. "I'll tell you what kind of deal he should get." She then turned to Jake. "You should be thrown in jail for the rest of your life with no possibility of parole and then put in a cell with a rather large man who will make you his female *itch. And I hope he does to you what you did to that woman you raped, except you will get it for the duration of your prison life!"
Goren smiled and said, "Now that's what I call a deal!"
Jake was so angry that he leaped off of the chair and tried to grab Goren's throat. "I'll kill you!" The two officer tackled Jake to the floor, pulling his arms behind his back and hand cuffing him. "I'll kill you, just as I killed that officer!" Jake yelled as he was dragged out of the interrogation room. "I swear I will rip your throat with my bare hands!" the last words fading as Jake was taken away.
Bobby closed his leather notebook and got up to leave. "It's over. Case closed!"
"He deserves to be put away," assured Alex. "He was an angry man whose only goal inlife was to make everyone else suffer for his misfortunes."
"Unfortunately, some innocent people had to pay dearly for it." Goren replied as they walked out of the room and back to t heir desks.
I hope you enjoy this chapter. One more chapter to go... Please tell me what you think and if you think I shoud continue to write more.....

2 comments:

mary said...

I like it! Keep going!

val said...

We need to see more of Clever Bobby back on the show, not just on our blogs!